Friday, March 30, 2007

Mixed Bag

Mixed bag indeed. I have many thoughts roaming around in my head. It's been awhile. It feels good. Both kids put themselves to sleep tonight and hubby is off at the football, so I have been on my first real blog exploration. (I just have to add that hubby does not make a habit of heading to the footy and leaving me with the kids, he does waaaay more than his fair share. We were planning to go as a family, but it's raining - Hallelujah - so I elected to stay home in case we couldn't get seats under cover).

Can I ramble? Oh so many tangents.

Why hallelujah about the rain? Because we're in the middle of a drought. Melbourne is on water restrictions, as is pretty much the rest of Aus land. And the rain is the good sort, real drenching rain, not the useless drizzle of a normal Melbourne winter. And it has come three days in a row now. And it seems to be over the catchment areas. And my grass is green. It hasn't been green for many months now; we're not allowed to water it anymore.

Footy, btw is Aussie Rules footy. Great game. Go the Dees.

So, where was I? Oh yes, thoughts. Thoughts in my head. This blog land is doing my brain good. Working it out. Out of its narrow focus of kids, kids and how the hell am I going to get some vegies into us all today?

I've been delving around some sites, and have to mention a couple I've enjoyed so far. Mrs Chicken of Chicken and Cheese had one I loved. I think it was a while ago she posted about
'Personal grooming and other thoughts', but being new to this blogging thing I'm not sure. And now I've closed the window and am not sure I could get there again. Gingajoy and Her Bad Mother are well worth a read and i will definitely be visiting BlogRhet again to feed my brain and push it into thinking again.

You see, I started this blog on a whim just to see if I could push myself into thinking again. I started another for friends and family, to update them on the kids, and figured I'd start one just for me as well. It took me a while to get going, but now I'm on a bit of a role. I've just had a comment from Gingajoy, someone I've never met, my first stranger-reader. It feels odd, but strangely welcoming. Like I am becoming part of the community that I have become aware of through Bon from cribchronicles (an actual live friend who I met in S. Korea). I also feel somewhat embarrassed by my blog address and name. Compared to many out there I am not really thinking or wondering much or well at this point. But, that is the point, to get back into the swing of things. After all, I will return to study next semester (August) and it would be nice not to have to spend the first 3 weeks of semester getting my brain above first gear.

I am off to bed now. Enough ranting for the moment. Thank you Gingajoy for your welcome into this (mad) world. I hope, now that I have discovered it, I have the will power to resist the lure of the computer. I tend to get stuck on my laptop to the detriment of the kids learning / playing time with me.

Night night

2 comments:

Bon said...

George, i'm late getting back into this conversation with you. i loved your last post, which i just read, where you were talking about the details of a kid's daily routine being so encompassing and also amazing...and yet how community matters. i know you were never a handbag and makeup girl, nor i, but i wasn't sure where you were positioning yourself in the conversation about community after Euey was born? did you have it? lack it? notice it?

fun conversation, ain't it? glad you're in.

George said...

Bon, I am not used to organising my thoughts. It's been awhile since I wrote essays (law is exams, problem based, not essay). I have to think a bit to answer this question, then I'll post. Brain dead tonight though.
And yes, it is a fun conversation. I'm glad I'm in to.