Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Not a doer

I'm wondering if I'm a Gana not a Doer or if I really do just have a severe shortage of time in my life. I have fantastic ideas. Big projects I'd love to do, even small projects I'd love to do but never seem to have the time for. I'm hoping, if I write them here, at least I won't forget them when I do have time to do them. Or, if I never find the time, at least I won't forget I had the idea.

  • Organise a street party to get to know the neighbours. After a few attempts at conversation with the next door neighbour (who has three kids similar to ours in age) that were completely shot down, I figure I better stretch my horizons a little.
  • Organise the Heidelberg West community to rally and support the re-building of a new playground that was burnt down only months after completion. (Yep, this is a Big Project. I have no idea where to start with this one.)
  • Plant a vegie garden with the kids. This is one I will definately do when we own our own house, but really, what's stopping me from doing it now?
  • De-clutter the house. I have started this project, but I think it may be a work in progress for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

organise a street party... just do it. just decide on when, and pass out invitations. not other way. at your party, talk to people in the street about ideas to get support for rebuilding the playground. excellent idea by the way - no idea of how to make that happen either. planting a veggie garden with the kids... again, just do it. stop reading this comment, get in the car, buy some seeds or seedlings and whatever else you need and go outside and plant your garden... do, wait, wrong time of year, right? ok... that one can wait. as for decluttering the house... shudder... i'd rather be a gunna than a doer on that one.

Unknown said...

hahaha! dude, you crack me up!!... um, did korea to china by boat already... that's why it's not on the list. should do paper mache, but like everything else i don't. will cook most of thanksgiving this year minus the turkey cos we don't have an oven (actually don't have anything in the kitchen yet - that's a project for after vacation) and we're thinking about being islanders for a few years when mitch's contract is up... why not??