Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Not wondering much ...

The only thing I'm wondering at the moment is whether I can actually cope with having two kids. Considering the imminent arrival of Dot (tomorrow) and the method of that arrival (Caesar) I fear it may be awhile before I'm actually thinking or wondering much.

It is not a myth that your brain turns to mush when you're pregnant and raising small children. And it is not simply because you're so busy running around making sandwiches and breast feeding that you have no time to think. I have discovered that when I actually find time I still cannot make my brain work to the same capacity as it used to.

I'm sure my legal text books are harder to understand than they should be. I can't do simple math and find myself not even trying. I go to parties (not all that often!) and bore myself silly because I can't make interesting conversation. I am often just happy to sit without thinking. Just sit, nothing else. My mind completely blank. I find this odd. Having the ability to just sit and think nothing is still not something I'm used to being able to do, let alone actively wanting to do.

My mother tells me that you get your brain back when your last child is about 3. If we have a third (and that will be the last) then by my reckoning that means I will be able to post on Thoughts and Wonderings towards the end of 2011.

See you then.

No comments: